Thursday, 24 December 2009

Ice and wheelchairs

Well I managed yesterday to get my wife out of the house. We went to town to do some shopping, (Oh deep joy....) and then on to a much needed hospital appointment. By the time we got back home it was 5.30pm and the temperature had dropped like a stone.

Getting from the place I park the car to the short distance to our home was a bloody nightmare as the paths had frozen solid again. If you have never tried pushing a wheelchair on ice I suggest you try it sometime as an exercise in fear! You just know that you and the damn chair are going to go over.

As it was we did not but it was bloody close. After getting her settled in I took the car around to the back of the house to unload some stuff. There is a small slope there that has never given my problems in the past, but now the car is stuck there at the moment as when I tried to get out later the slope was iced up that badly I could not move. I just hope that it thaws a bit today.

Then my son went out and fell on the ice! His knee has come up like a balloon and I would have liked to take him to A&E but the car is stuck. So a couple of painkillers and a bandage and hope that it goes down the next day. If not he will have to get there somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol