Friday, 8 January 2010

A weekend off

Well thank goodness for the weekend off that is all I can say! It has been one of the busiest weeks I can remember for a long while. Due to the heavy amount of snow that we have had I have been working flat out.

I work, for anyone that does not know for the biggest local bus service in Cardiff, South Wales. We have about 550 drivers and many of them come from way outside Cardiff. They cannot get a job where they live and we need staff so we employ from a long way outside the area.

The upside is that we get good staff who need a job and give good service. The weak side is that when the snow and then ice comes down the valley areas of Wales get heavily blocked with snow and do not get cleared easily. They therefore cannot get in to work and as it is a major part of my job to get buses on the road when staff fail to arrive it has been to say the least bloody busy!

However, once a month I get the long weekend off and this is it. I am glad of the break but now I have to get my wife out of the house. It is not easy in the snow as anyone who has tried this with a wheelchair can understand.

Well that is it for today and if anyone does read this do me a favour and drop a line or put a small comment on it. I would just like to know that it has been read at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Steve, I made a point of reading it!! We are much the same as you as regards the weather. It's been snowing all morning here and we very rarely get snow. Just a crazy few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol