Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Starvation

At least the blood tests I have to have today are called starvation blood tests. I had not been feeling well last week and although the doctor could not find anything wrong he has asked me to have some blood tests today just to make sure everything was alright.

The receptionist told me that these tests would have to be starvation tests and I could not eat or drink anything but water after midnight. Did she have a small smile of satisfaction when she said that? Maybe is was just my imagination........

The only problem is that I have to be up at 2.30 in the morning to get ready for work and the tests are not until 9.30. Oh well it will be a long morning and there are far worse of people that me with far worse problems.

Those poor people in Haiti for one thing. It is OK for me to whine about not being able to eat for a few hours but these poor beggars have gone DAYS without food. There is thousands of tons of food there but it does not seem to be getting to the people that need it. Or is that just the way that it has been reported on TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol