Well after waiting for the social service lady in the end it was a waste of time. The various bodies that fund these things have said that they will not do so. The chair for my wife is said to not be essential to her needs or to mine.
The fact that it will stop me lifting so much and possibly getting a worse back and then costing even more in the end does not occur to them in these tight for money times. We have been given some details of charities that might help and as soon as the snow and ice melt I will check into that.
Today I am going to see if I can literally change my life in a big way. I have almost certainly made the decision to retire early this year but I just have to see if I can claim any financial help in doing so that will help pay my bills until my main pension comes through in three years.
The Citizens Advice bureau is open this morning and it is first come first served. I have got time off from work to see them so I will be going early hoping to get seen today. I just need to see what help is out there or in the end can I hang on to the house for three years if worst comes to worst.
We will see but it will take a lot to keep me in work now as my wife needs me home and my son needs to get back to the workplace after being home for all these years.
No comments:
Post a Comment