Monday, 7 March 2016

Work for the retired

I have not been working last week or this week. By that I mean in a paid job. I am at the moment officially retired. So I have all this free time and some work needed to do in the house. Nothing drastic, just some cleaning and ironing and a small painting job. It could be done in less than half a day.

So of course I get on with it don't I. No, now I have the time, I don't have the urgency that I once had to get on with it. When I was working, I knew that jobs had to be done on my time off, because that was the only time they could get done. I used to work twelve hour shifts, so was out of the house up to fourteen hours a day. Things HAD to get done when I had the time off.

Now of course I have plenty of time off. So what to I do? I go on Facebook, or blog on here, browse the internet, anything but the jobs I want to do!

My beautiful partner Denise has been laid low all last week and this so far with a really bad dose of flu. I have been lucky enough not to get it. I think my immune system must be good, but because she is a diabetic, hers is not. She is getting better, and as we are going on a cruise a week today, hopefully by then will be on her feet.

Well I really need to get on with things, so I will sign off. If anyone reads this nonsense why not get in touch and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol