Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Update overdue

It seems it is over seven months since I last updated this. Wow, that time has gone quickly. I will really have to concentrate on updating my blog. Not that I guess I get a lot of visitors, but if I don't update, then I guess I cannot get any.

So what has been happening in the last few months? Quite a lot actually. My mother passed away in June as I wrote in the last post, and since then things have changed. I had a holiday with Denise in September in Santa Suzanna in Spain going by coach with a local company. We thought that having a break in France both ways would break the journey. Never again! These trips are endless, and the traffic both ways meant that we had a fifteen hour journey twice getting there and back. Next time I will book a plane. It is just not worth it.

The holiday was nice when we got there with typical warm Spanish weather. It was nice until half way through the week when my wallet got stolen! A quick shove from someone getting on a train and that was it. It was lucky that Denise had her own money or we would have been in real trouble. As it was phoning the banks etc was a pain. I got all my money back from the bank, but it did learn me to be more careful in future.

I then decided to retire from full time work when we came back, and paid of all the house etc. The first time I had been debt free for many years.

I have been upgrading the house, redecorating and getting windows re-glazed and a new PVC porch etc. It is nearly finished now thank goodness. I did start a part time job a couple of months ago, but that did not work out, and now I will have to think of something else to do.

We are going on a cruise to the Canary isles in just under two weeks. Neither of us have been on  a cruise ship before and we are really looking forward to that.

And I have booked a holiday in Florida for November. More of that toward the date.

I will try and post more now as the weeks go on,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol