Thursday, 10 March 2016

Waiting for glasses

Last November, I ordered a pair of spectacles from Perfect glasses. I had never been that happy with them, but in February I had an eye test for a renewal of my bus driving license. It seems that I could see better in one eye without my specs!

So I took the glasses to my local optician for a check. It was found that they were near to a prescription given to me two years before! I went home and checked to find that I had in fact sent the wrong prescription off. So it was my fault. But my optician told me, they were still not right even with that prescription.

So I contacted them, and sent them back with the correct script. I had to pay a little more, but as it was partly my own fault I accepted that I would have to. That was on the 19th February, and I was assured that the matter would be dealt with quickly.

I phoned last week as I am away soon for a holiday and need my glasses. I was told that they were in the lab and would be sent off to arrive early this week. Today is Thursday, and I phoned again. I was then told they were in for quality check and would be sent off in a couple of days. That means I will not be getting them before I go away, and will have to use my old ones.

There is an lesson to be learned here and it means I will always go to my local optician for glasses in the future. Yes the glasses in online shops are cheaper, but you get what you pay for, and at least in your local place, any problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol