Monday, 28 March 2016

Back from our cruise

So here I am a couple of weeks later back from a cruise around the Canary Islands. All in all a wonderful holiday and one I am glad that I took. Both of us enjoyed it immensely on the whole.

The ship was the Oceana, 77,000 plus tonnage, capable of taking 2016 passengers with 850 staff.



we were delayed in boarding for about four hours due to the late arrival of the ship[ from the Caribbean. There had been some sort of technical problem, but that was resolved before we left, and each passenger was given £20 in credit for on board spend.

The cabin, although not huge, was quite big enough, and had the balcony we had requested. That certainly helped the feel of space in it. The dining room was very smart and the food on the whole excellent. As on all these ships the food seems to be endless and of very good quality.;

The service was first class from the waiters all who came from Asian countries. And the entertainment was excellent. I had the idea that ship entertainment was from those at the end of their carrear, but this certainly was not the case. All were first class and the venues were comfortable.

The prices of the drinks were roughly pub prices so were not to bad. We are both not big drinkers, so that part did not bother us anyway. Some of the prices were very high in my opinion and I will post another day on this.

we went to Madeira, La Palma, Tenerife, Gran Canaries, Lanzarote, and Lisbon finally. As I had only been to Tenerife in that part of the world before, I enjoyed the tours we had booked in all of them.

I have posted albums on Facebook for those who want to look at the photos, and I will upload them to Flickr soon and post the details.

So you might ask when are we taking our next cruise and where to? Well not all actually. we both felt the same way, that it was not just for us. For all the luxury and good living, it was all so slow. I like to get where I am going and get on with the holiday. I do know that for many, this relaxing way is part of the holiday. But I am going to Orlando later this year, and just want to get there by plane, and grab the car and start the holiday.

More about the cruise in further blogs.  Meanwhile check out the huge ship overlooking smaller yaughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol