Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Pub Meal

Last Sunday was my wife's 62nd birthday. We don't do a lot on birthdays these days but we did go out for a nice pub meal. We went to a pub called the 'Sportsman's Arm' about ten miles away. In the middle of nice countryside and a pretty little village.

We all had 'Sunday lunch' or meat a veg. I for a change had the pork while all the rest had beef. The pork was lovely and all the veg was hot. We have had meals there several times but that was the best yet.

The weather has turned cold again these days and snow is in other parts of the UK. Thankfully we should not see it over in Wales at least not this week.

I am back at work on Wednesday after a six day break. As I will be retiring in less that seven weeks, these days I am enjoying the time off and looking forward to the end now. I am listening as I type to 'Hooked on Classics'. A brilliant CD and although I enjoy classical music this is a great introduction to anyone who wants to try it out,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol