Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Rocket and paper

 A bit a strange title for this blog I would think. But this is a moan about the crap lettuce that is served these days known as rocket lettuce. Whenever you go for a meal in a restaurant they nearly always shove some of this rubbish on the plate and call it 'salad'. Small leaves that just taste of nothing and about two halves of a cherry tomato. And that is a bloody salad. 

Why? because it is cheap and cheerful and can look as if the plate is full. We went for a meal last weekend in a new pub, and I chose burrito. And to be fair it was a very tasty burrito accompanied by some tortilla chips and a long line of salad. Rocket lettuce of course. And all served on a piece of bloody paper on the plate.

Paper! Why would they serve the meal on paper? It was some sort of a type of paper that thankfully did not cut as I was cutting up my food, but why put it on there? The other meals in the party did not have it, and it is hardly going to save washing the plate, so what possible use is it? I imagined that I would be chewing the bloody stuff as I was eating. 

I have seen this in other restaurants so this is not exactly new, I just cannot understand why they would not serve the food straight onto a plate. 

Anyway, that is my daily moan as it is pissing down outside and I am fed up with the TV. Have a nice day all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol