Saturday, 1 January 2011

1st Jan 2011

Well here it is at last. A new post after about eight months of not posting. And what an eight months. My wife died in July last year after being ill in hospital for three months. That of course made huge changes in my life.

After the initial grief I had to go back to work. Apart from the financial side and I needed the money, I just could not sit in front of the TV or computer for hours on end. I went back full time to another firm called 'New Adventure Travel'. Back to my old job of bus driving.

Because of the retirement rules and my age I could not go back to my old company anyway and this job suits me. There is little stress and I just get on with it. I have been working long hours from 07.00 to 6.00pm but in the new year I have changed for shorter hours just until 4.30 pm. That will be easier and I do not need the longer shifts.

I will try and make this blog up to date more often. If anyone reads this can you let me know just so I know it has been seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol