Friday, 1 July 2016

Its been a while.

I have not blogged for a couple of weeks because no-one seems to read this much anyway. But it is time to catch up. 

We went to Derbyshire back two weeks ago for a short break and stayed in a lovely hotel called the Charles Cotton hotel. He was apparently a famous angler and wrote 'the complete angler' which I understand from the blurb in the hotel has outsold the bible! (maybe just in the UK!)



While we were there, we went to Chatsworth house about half an hour away. One of the huge houses in the UK and well worth the visit if you are in the area. 
 

And from there on to Bakewell.  In the UK we have all heard of or in most cases tasted Bakewell tarts or pies as they are known. Made in this area they are usually small sticky sweet cakes with almonds, sometimes covered in icing. If you have a sweet tooth they are quite nice, and we tried one while we were there. They were OK I guess, but over priced and over sweet. 



The weather was not up to much, dull and a bit damp. We managed to miss the worst of it, as some parts had floods. 

we went to see Billy Elliot in Cardiff's Wales Millennium Centre when we got back. It was good, but we had to leave as my sister-in-law was taken ill. We managed to miss the best of it I think. 

And I have bought new private hearing aids. The old ones I had with the NHS were not up to the jobs, and I was missing to much of conversations and things on the TV etc. These cost quite a lot, but are far smaller and more comfortable, and work a lot better than the old ones, so in the end are worth it. 

Next Monday we are off to Pembrokeshire for another short break. More about that when I get back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Roof

The Roof
Inside Cabot Circus in Bristol